The Creditors' Rights Practice Group of Meyner and Landis LLP represents lenders, financial institutions, finance companies, equipment lessors, real estate developers and commercial landlords, investment funds, commercial collection departments, and court appointed receivers in all aspects of creditors' rights and bankruptcy law, including asset recovery, foreclosure, bankruptcy, litigation, loan restructuring and forbearance.
The Creditors' Rights Practice Group of Meyner and Landis is led by seasoned attorneys with decades of success representing creditors at the trial level in both state and federal courts in New Jersey and New York. We offer efficient and effective strategies to allow our clients to reach out-of-court settlements when appropriate. Our attorneys also have a wealth of experience in handling the restructuring of loans and commercial transactions, loan sales, and related litigation in State and Federal courts.
We have a well-rounded understanding of creditors' rights law, and we provide clients with the personal attention necessary for thorough and efficient representation.
We represent clients in a wide range of creditors' rights matters including:
- Loan documentation and collateral review
- Pre-litigation workouts, forbearance agreements and restructurings
- Commercial and residential foreclosures
- Collection actions
- Deeds-in-lieu of foreclosure
- Distressed debt and asset sales/acquisitions
- Loan sales
- Defense of lender liability
- Bankruptcy litigation including cash collateral disputes, contested plan confirmations, collateral valuation proceedings, automatic stay relief, lease assumption and/or rejection disputes, 363 sales, and objections to debtor discharges
- Eviction matters and enforcement of landlord/property owner's rights
- Replevin actions
- Receivership actions
- Preference and fraudulent conveyance litigation
- Judgment enforcement
- Uniform Commercial Code litigation
Types of Clients
Our clients receive a full range of benefits from our many years of experience in all phases of commercial litigation and bankruptcy. Our Creditors' Rights clients include:
- Financial institutions
- Finance institutions
- Equipment lessors
- Real estate developers and commercial landlords
- Investment funds
- Commercial collection department
- Court appointed receivers
Contact our office to speak with a member of our Creditors' Rights Group.