Community Development Accomplishments
Elizabeth, New Jersey
- Represented the interests of the nonprofit general partner of a limited partnership that was awarded a $9.000,000 allocation of low-income housing tax credits and other subsidies and financing for the construction of 72 residential rental units.
- Represented the interests of the nonprofit general partner of a limited partnership that was awarded a $10,000.000 allocation of low-income housing tax credits for the construction of 107 residential units.
- Represented a non-profit and its for-profit subsidiary in the development of a daycare and professional office facility under The New Markets Tax Credits Program.
Jersey City, New Jersey
- Assisted a nonprofits general counsel by providing specialized counsel in securing tax-exempt bond financing from the New Jersey Economic Development Authority, New Jersey, Redevelopment Authority and a major financial institution for the acquisition and renovation of a 27,000 square-feet office building.
- Represented a nonprofit in a wholesale corporate restructure, including an application for an IRS group exemption for its community development corporation and subsidiary development corporations.
Newark, New Jersey
- Represented a nonprofit in the development and eventual sale of 23 townhomes. The project received a Housing Incentive Fund grant and a low-interest loan under the Urban Home Ownership Recovery Program.
- Represented a nonprofit in obtaining financial accommodations for the purchase of an industrial complex which has been renovated into a church, school and daycare facility.
- Represented a nonprofit in preparing a response to the City's request for proposal for the construction and sale of 57 single-family homes.
- Represented a nonprofit in obtaining land use approvals for the rehabilitation of a residential apartment building.
- Currently representing a consortium of non-profits in a joint-venture with a for-profit for the commercial and residential development of a significant portion of the Central Ward.
Passaic, New Jersey
- Represented the interests of the recipient of allocations of low-income housing tax credits and historic tax credits for the renovation of a former Elks Lodge into a 38-unit senior Housing Project.
Paterson, New Jersey
- Represented the interests of a nonprofit general partner in the dissolution of a for-profit limited partnership. The limited partnership was formed in 1979 for purposes of owning and operating a 159-unit rental housing project. Upon dissolution of the limited partnership, the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency approved a $1.1 million distribution to the nonprofit for future affordable housing development.
- Represented a nonprofit general partner in a buyout of the interests of its co-general partner and the syndicated interests of the limited partners of a limited partnership. The limited partnership was formed in 1981 for purposes of owning and operating a 143-unit, HUD Section 8 rental housing project valued at approximately $10,000,000.