Newark, New Jersey
|phone|| (973) 602-3455|
|fax|| (973) 624-0356|
Scott Malyk is a Partner with the Firm's Immigration Law Group specializing in all aspects of corporate and business-related immigration law. Scott represents a diverse group of multi-national and domestic corporations and their employees, from Fortune 500 companies to international startups. Scott also represents self-petitioning foreign nationals seeking investment opportunities in the U.S. as well as those seeking National Interest Waiver approval. In addition, Scott represents individuals in all types of immigration proceedings, including outstanding scientific researchers, medical professionals, foreign legal consultants and a variety of other persons of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, who wish to come to the U.S. to work in their field of expertise. Such efforts include obtaining temporary and permanent visas for artists, fashion models, musicians, chefs, professional athletes and other entertainers.
Scott also counsels clients in areas of worksite compliance, including H-1B public access file compliance, I-9 Audits and electronic (E-Verify) verification requirements.
Scott has been selected for inclusion by New Jersey Super Lawyers - Rising Star (Immigration) 2009-2013.
"Harsh Rulings Against H-1B Employers For LCA Violations", ABA Section of Litigation, Employment and Labor Relations Law Newsletter, Vol. 10, No. 3, September 2012.
"Across the Pond: Key U.S. and U.K. Business Immigration Issues for Employers", International Association of Young Lawyers E-zette, March 2010, republished with Corporate Counsel Online, June 2010
"Innovation Through Immigration - Creative solutions to the challenges of recruitment, hiring and retention of foreign-born talent" New Jersey Law Journal, Employment And Immigration Law Regional General Counsel Supplement, March 2010
Selected by ILW.com, the nation's leading immigration law publisher and news resource for immigration law professionals, as a regular contributor to ILW's Blog which focuses on the H-1B visa, entitled, "The H-1B Visa Blog by Siliato and Malyk"
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey,
- Lafayette College, Easton, Pennsylvania,
- Classes/Seminars Taught:
- Hot Topics In Immigration Law, New Jersey State Bar Association Annual Convention, Atlantic City, NJ, May 2013
- Honors and Awards:
- Selected for inclusion in New Jersey Law Journal's 2013 "New Leaders of the Bar" (formerly "Top 40 Under 40") list
- Recipient of Professional Achievement Award 2012, NJSBA YLD
- Selected for inclusion by U.S. News - Best Lawyers/Law Firms (Immigration) 2012
- Selected for inclusion by New Jersey Super Lawyers - Rising Star (Immigration) 2009-2013
- Nominating Committee, Chair, NJSBA, YLD 2013
- Nominating Committee, Member, NJSBA YLD 2012
- District Representative for Corporate/In-House District, NJSBA YLD
- Affiliates Assistance Team, Member, ABA YLD
- Immigration Commission Liaison, ABA YLD
- Voting Member, Executive Committee of NJSBA YLD
- McKelvy Scholar