Thomas W. Halm, Jr. is a partner with the firm’s Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy Law Group where he represents clients in both state and federal courts in foreclosures, bankruptcies, receiverships, evictions, collections, insolvency and other creditors’ rights matters. His clients include secured and unsecured creditors, financial institutions, mortgage servicers, investment firms, distressed debt asset funds, receivers, landlords, trustees, asset purchasers and the like. He has extensive knowledge on both commercial and residential state court foreclosure actions, and New Jersey receivership law having acted both as a state court appointed receiver and/or as lead counsel in several of New Jersey’s largest Ponzi scheme cases.
Tom has been selected for inclusion by New Jersey Super Lawyers Magazine as a Super Lawyer (creditors’ rights) for 2018 through 2020 and, prior to that, as a Super Lawyer “Rising Star” from 2006 through 2007.
- New Jersey
- Pennsylvania (inactive)
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- Seton Hall University, South Orange, New Jersey
- B.A. in History, cum laude
Past Employment Positions
- Honorable James P. Courtney, Jr., J.S.C., Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, Civil Part, Ocean County, law clerk 1994-1995
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- Turnaround Management Association, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member