Joseph is a Partner with Meyner and Landis, LLP and a member of the firm's litigation group. He concentrates his practice in the areas of collections, bankruptcy, creditors' rights, and real estate.
He represents large financial institutions, hedge funds, landlords, small businesses, and other creditors in a variety of matters including commercial and residential mortgage foreclosure actions, collection actions, workouts, bankruptcy litigation, real estate transactions, loan purchases and sales, and other general litigation matters. He has extensive experience in state court foreclosures and receiverships and other aspects of creditor-debtor litigation, including appellate advocacy.
From 2013 through 2016, Joseph was selected for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in the field of creditors' rights. He is admitted to practice law in all state and federal courts in New Jersey, the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the District of Columbia. He graduated with honors from Rowan University.
Joseph received his law degree from New York Law School and was twice published in the New York Law School's Journal of Human Rights. After graduating law school, Joseph served as an Assistant Prosecutor with the Union County Prosecutor's Office where he specialized in criminal jury trials. Joseph is a member of the Essex County and New Jersey Bar Associations.
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- New York Law School, New York, New York - 2003
- Rowan University, Glassboro, New Jersey - 1999
Past Employment Positions
- Union County Prosecutor's Office, Assistant Prosecutor, 2004 - 2006
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, Associate, 2006 - 2008
- Hill Wallack LLP, Associate, 2008 - 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Essex County Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- Absolute Assignment of Leases and Rents in 3d Cir Bankruptcy Law, Joseph McCarthy, New Jersey Lawyer, February 2017
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star, 2013 - 2017