Catherine Pastrikos Kelly is an attorney specializing in assisting clients with matters that involve substantial financial or business exposure and cutting-edge legal issues. Catherine has earned a reputation as a creative and successful attorney practicing extensively in the field of complex commercial litigation. In litigating her cases, Catherine's singular goal is to achieve consistently higher than expected outcomes for clients.
Catherine has many years of experience pursuing client interests in all forums including state and federal courts and arbitration tribunals around the world in matters involving contract, tort, shareholder, director and officer, hospitality, securities, insurance, environmental, intellectual property and construction. Catherine also has trial experience in various state and federal courts and in arbitration tribunals. Most importantly, Catherine is a trusted counselor and advisor to clients across various industries and on different issues.
Born in Portland, Oregon and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana among other parts of the country, Catherine received her Bachelor of Science degree, cum laude, from Rutgers University followed by her Juris Doctor degree, magna cum laude, from Albany Law School of Union University. Catherine is admitted to practice in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, many of the federal courts of those jurisdictions and the United States Supreme Court.
- Environmental Litigation
- General Litigation
- Hospitality Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Environmental Law
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D., magna cum laude
- Rutgers University, Rutgers College, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- B.S., cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Children’s Light Foundation, Director and General Counsel
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, Best Practices Committee Co-Director
- "Is Recording a Conversation Legal?," Catherine Pastrikos Kelly, New Jersey Banker, Winter 2018. Click to read.
- Renewal Option in a Commercial Lease: Failure Could Cost You Your Business, Catherine Pastrikos Kelly and Paul J. DeMartino Jr., New Jersey Law Journal, Vol. 223, No. 17, April 2017. Click to read.
- Is Recording A Conversation Legal? The Laws Everyone Should Know, Catherine Pastrikos Kelly, New Jersey Law Journal, Vol. 223, No. 12 , 2017
- Non-Compete Agreements: What Every Company and Employee Should Know, Catherine Pastrikos Kelly, American Bar Association, Section of Litigation – Business Torts and Unfair Competition, July 26, 2016
- Eastern District of New York Goes Its Own Way on Dischargeability of Bar Review Loan, Catherine Pastrikos Kelly, American Bar Association, Section of Litigation – Bankruptcy & Insolvency, June 10, 2016
- What You Should Know About the Implied Duty of Good Faith and Fair Dealing, Catherine Pastrikos Kelly, American Bar Association, Section of Litigation - Business Torts and Unfair Competition, March 31, 2016
- From Main Street to Wall Street: The Changing Dynamics of Hotel Ownership, Hotel Business Review, available at www.Hotelexecutive.com
- Understanding The Rights And Responsibilities of Hotel Owners And Managers Involved In A Hotel Takeover, Hotel Business Review, available at www.Hotelexecutive.com
- Identity Theft Statutes: Which Will Protect Americans the Most? 67 ALB. L. Rev. 1137 (2004)
- Panarello v. Segalla, NYLJ, Aug. 1, 2002, at 24, col 1